Friday, April 29, 2011

Good Shepard's Fold Orphanage

Friends of a friend of mine are currently missionaries at Good Shepard's Fold Orphanage in Uganda.  I have been reading about this place, and it has really been on my heart this week.  So I thought I'd share- with anyone who might read this, so you too, can be praying for these children... and for all the orphans in the world.  From their website I learned that
" *Uganda has an estimated 1.7 million orphans, making it the highest number in the world.
  *1.9 million Ugandan children have lost a parent to AIDS.
  *One in five people live in poverty so absolute that their survival is at stake daily.
  *18 out of 24 people are children who die of starvation."

I've heard people talk about how we should help the needs of the children in this country before worrying about others.  I disagree.  I think we should help children anywhere and everywhere.  Any child living in poverty should be helped, especially if their country does not have government programs like ours does, to help feed the hungry and house the homeless.

My heart was especially touched when I found this youtube video.  It is the Good Sheperd's Fold Children's Choir singing, and it is just beautiful.  And I am thankful that there are missionaries and people out there all over the world, working to better the lives of orphans.  God bless them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment